Russ Notes

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Russ Notes

A place for me to store all of my PLC, Scada and programming info

Setting IP Address for Ethernet Card from Mac Address

Admin
    Admin

Setting IP Address for Ethernet Card from Mac Address  Empty Setting IP Address for Ethernet Card from Mac Address

Post by Admin Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:12 am

In Machine Edition, you can use the following procedure. See also the attached getting started guides.

1. Open the project and find the correct target
    2. Right-click on the target and select Offline Commands, Set Temporary IP Address
    3. Enter the MAC address of the controller Ethernet module (printed on the module, may be on the side)
    4. Enter the required IP address of the Ethernet module
    5. Select the Ethernet interface to use in your laptop
    6. Click the Set IP button
    7. (see screens hot below)

Sometimes you may need to repeat this procedure, use ping to check that the new IP address is working, see also manual method below. Your computer firewall may prevent this from working depending upon the firewall and operating system in use.

Setting IP Address for Ethernet Card from Mac Address  78b73adc55e7fa89bcac241ae2c094c8

There is also a manual option to do this as follows.

i. Open a standard DOS command prompt window (cmd) (open in administrative mode)
    ii. Type the following command:
    > ARP –s ip_address mac_address
    Where:
    ip_address is the IP address being assigned to the Ethernet interface, eg 192.168.0.234 mac-address is the MAC address of the Ethernet interface, eg 00-09-91-00-12-34
    iii. Then type the following in the DOS command window:
    > telnet ip_address 1
    Where:
    ip_address is the IP address being assigned to the Ethernet interface, eg 192.168.0.234
    (This command will fail, but the IP address provided with the Telnet command will be passed to the Ethernet interface and will be temporarily activated.)
    iv. You should then be able to connect using the temporary IP address entered above.

Once connected, the intended IP address should be permanently downloaded to the Ethernet interface via the hardware configuration data.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 pm